During this month of Dec 4 years ago, Moffatts came to town to hold a showcase at the Sunway Amphitheaters on the 16th. The stoopidest thing about this was you gotta WIN the tickets, no where you could buy it and that sucked!!
Then I came to realize that Radio 4 was giving out free tickets during one of their afternoon show. The fourth caller would the lucky one screaming their heart out everyday hehe. It started on one Monday where I was out celebrating the end of SPM with my frens. The next day I tried to call in but due to the congestion of phone line traffic, I din manage to get thru. I wasn't successful too the day after that. You would really get so envy hearing those lucky callers screaming on the radio when they were told being the lucky 4th callers.
I tried again on Thursday. The first call got engaged, I redialed, and as my radio was beside me so I could heard the DJ saying smth like this to those who called in " sorry you're the 1st, you're the 2nd….the 3rd…..and BOOM!! At that very second, he picked up my phone saying " Congratulations you're the wanted 4th caller!!!!!"
Stunned, shocked, confused, you name it. The words I remember coming out from my mouth was " OMG OMG….." I really couldn't believe it ok, it felt so unreal. Ok..then I gotta give the damn password ( every lucky no.4 will have their shares, diff each day, the one b4 was him asking the gal what would she do if the moffatts were to serenade her on stage ) He asked me to repeat this after him " Moooo Moooo Moooo Mooooffatts !! " That's freaking stupid I tell you. And I did the much shorter version juz for the sake of getting those 2 passes to the showcase. He then said I gotta do it longer, what I did wasn't long enuf or smth. Dammit…ok fine I did it once more. Still the bagher wasn't satisfied. My brother was attracted by those craps I did on air, so he came beside the phone too. My sis, also a avid Moffatts fan back then, sat at the sofa looking so jealous hahaha :p
When I was mooo ffatt-ing, my bro followed what I did, pheww somebody to do that with me, luckily hehe. The Dj heard his voice so he asked me to pass the phone to him and let him do it then. Alrite, I admit, he did it much better than me. The Dj whose name is Gary, asked him how old he was and if I'm pretty. Wth!! After that he asked me to wait and got my name and address offline.
By the way, juz to let you know that the passes didn't reach me at all. I called Radio 4 and she said I gotta go collect them at the Amphitheater on the showcase day. Then really bad thing started to happen. My dad had some work on that Sunday so he won't be able to bring me and my sis there. C'mon, I tried so damn hard ok to earn those passes, so now you're telling me I gotta stay home that night while others are partying at the amphitheater?? You know I wouldn't juz give up right there rite? I did a whole lot of things to get my butt there…which caused some troubles and hassles. Thx to my so-called determination. I dun think I wanna blog more on that, not a proud thing to talk about. Tell you what, if it happens today, I might juz take the car, get the map or some frens and be right there!! Woo hoo~